Friday, February 18, 2011

Just Me?

Do other people spend their internet surfing time filling their shopping carts/bags or whatever the internet retailer of your choice calls it, and then NOT clicking to order?

Just me?

I guess it is the equivalent of the zoned-out vague wandering I've been known to do at a mall once in a while. It can be most satisfying, in that there is no dressing room, so you can imagine that everything looks as good on you as it does on the model. On the other hand, it is less satisfying because a) you're still in your house, so there is the constant threat of reality interrupting your shopping reverie, and b) you don't get to touch everything. I don't know about you, but when I'm shopping I like to fondle the merchandise. Weight, drape, texture are all key. And shoes! Gah - how do you buy shoes online? Seems like one either must be happy to pay for a lot of shipping back and forth, or not mind blisters. But I'm happy to click around zappos, without ever pulling the trigger.

So if you were wondering how I spend a significant portion of my "dicking around on the internet" time, now you know.

1 comment:

  1. what's worse it that I sometimes go back to the site with the intent to maybe order only to find that it hasn't saved what was in my cart. Burned!

    ReplyDelete